Frequently Asked Questions
- First and foremost is the company licensed and insured?
- We have both Workers Compensation and Liability insurance which can both be provided upon request. Most companies that price cleanings dramatically cheaper do NOT carry this which is usually why they can price a lot less. We carry these to protect our employees as well as the homeowners.
- How long has the company been in business?
- We’ve been in business since 1979, and the company was started by Tom Cruickshank.
- Do you have referrals in my neighborhood?
- We service customers in many areas in the Tampa Bay region and can provide referrals in your area upon request most of the time even on the same street!
- Do you have an ongoing safety program for your employees?
- Our employees attend regular safety meetings which our crew leaders host. These are done on a regular basis to ensure the best and most updated information and training.
- Do employees undergo criminal background checks and drug testing?
- All our employees are required to pass a background check as well as a drug screen before employment is offered. NO employee is offered employment until these steps are taken. This is to help keep the work environment more safe and professional.
- Do you have a referral program if I refer you business?
- We have a referral program allowing you to earn “Clean Cash”. We send these out to our customers who have referred others to use our service. There is no limit to how many you can collect which opens up possibilities to have FREE WINDOW CLEANING! Each referral is good for $30 off in clean cash and there is no expiration date. Make sure the person you refer mentions your name so we know who to thank!
- How often should I get my windows cleaned?
- We recommend at least having exterior windows cleaned at the minimum 6 months to prevent any mineral deposits and other build up on the windows. Customers that live on the water should consider doing every 3 months since they are at risk for hard water stains from the salt spray from the ocean. You can always read more about our maintenance programs to get more information. Ask us about or discount program for regular customers!
- Exactly what do you do when you clean my windows?
- Our process for cleaning the windows is to thoroughly clean the inside and outside of the windows, french doors, and sliding doors. We remove and clean any screens as well as opening the windows and doors one at a time and clean the tracks. We also detail the frames and sills which are all cleaned by hand.
MonthlyWe recommend this service to those that live on saltwater. Letting salt stay on the glass too long will eventually stain the glass and will become permanently embedded and will have to be replaced. This service is for at least the exterior glass exposed to the saltwater. We have discounted pricing available for this program.
QuarterlyWe recommend this cleaning to our customers that do not live on or near saltwater or very high traffic areas. We have found that most homes require interior to be cleaned on a semi-annual basis.
Semi-AnnualThis is our most common program. With this plan the windows are cleaned thoroughly inside and out. The windows are opened one at at time and the tracks are cleaned. Any screens are scrubbed and the sills and frames are cleaned. Whenever we come in your home we wear booties over our shoes and lay down clean drop cloths to prevent dirt from getting on your floors. Keeping the exterior of the window cleaned helps prevent the build-up of hard water on the glass which is very common in Florida.
AnnuallyThis is the program that is suggested for basic maintenance. After this period of time, any mineral deposits that are on the glass will become very difficult or even impossible to remove.
According to 2000 real estate agents surveyed by the real estate website HomeGain.com and published in the June, 2003 issue of Money Magazine , clean windows are the number one presale improvement that generates the best return on investment. This is measured by a higher selling price.
Realtors and professional home stagers know the importance of curb appeal and cleanliness when it comes to selling a house. Topping their list is sparkling clean windows. Elizabeth Weintraub at About.com writes in How To Prepare Your House For Sale:
“Prepping and staging a house. Every seller wants her home to sell fast and bring top dollar. Does that sound good to you? Well, it’s not luck that makes that happen. It’s careful planning and knowing how to professionally spruce up your home that will send home buyers scurrying for their checkbooks. Here is how to prep a house and turn it into an irresistible and marketable home.”
Following is her list of items for Make the House Sparkle. By the way, be sure to clean your windows after spraying down the exterior!
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Rent a pressure washer and spray down sidewalks and exterior.
- Clean out cobwebs.
- Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks.
- Polish chrome faucets and mirrors.
- Clean out the refrigerator.
- Vacuum daily.
- Wax floors.
- Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures.
- Bleach dingy grout.
- Replace worn rugs.
- Hang up fresh towels.
- Bathroom towels look great fastened with ribbon and bows.
- Clean and air out any musty smelling areas. Odors are a no-no.
- Clean windows help give curb appeal
- Janet Wickell, also a contributor at About.com, says in her article
“A large percentage of home buyers decide whether or not to look inside a house or take it seriously based on its curb appeal—the view they see when they drive by or arrive for a showing. You can help make sure they want to come inside your house by spending some time working on its exterior appearance. Make a list of the problem areas you discovered. Tackle clean up and repair chores first, then put some time into projects that make the grounds more attractive.” Her lists includes:
- Kill mold and mildew on the house, sidewalks, roof, or driveway.
- Stow away unnecessary garden implements and tools.
- Clean windows and gutters.
- Pressure wash dirty siding and dingy decks.
- Edge sidewalks and remove vegetation growing between concrete or bricks.
- Mow the lawn. Get rid of weeds.
- Rake and dispose of leaves, even if your lot is wooded.
- Trim tree limbs that are near or touching the home’s roof.
Let us help get your house show-ready!
Getting your house ready to sell is hard work. If you want sparkling clean windows with no hassle, give us a call! We’d love to help you save time and get top-dollar for your house.
At the Window Cleaning Experts, Inc., we do in fact offer a rain guarantee! Our policy is if it rains within 2 weeks of the cleaning we will come back to touch up any windows that are affected at no charge to you. All you have to do is give us a call and next time we are in your area, we will come by.
JUST FOR INFORMATION:
Rain is, in most cases, very pure water. It has been naturally distilled by the evaporation and condensation cycle and is essentially pure H2O. Pure water, unlike tap water, does not contain any minerals and so will not leave streaks and deposits on your windows. With that being said, rain alone does NOT get the glass dirty. With the exception of a blowing storm, when it rains on clean windows, screens and frames, the windows will dry spotless in most cases. The fact is that 99% of the time your freshly cleaned windows will stay clean just as long if it rains as they will if the weather is dry.
See chart below on how to count windows